About the Bridge Group
A charitable policy association researching and promoting socio-economic diversity and equality.
Since its launch at Google UK in 2010, the Group has established itself as an authoritative, independent voice, and has delivered a wide range of activities to realise its vision and objectives.
We undertake leading research and policy analysis to improve outcomes in education and employment for individuals from lower socio-economic backgrounds. We identify and challenge barriers to progression that are determined by background whilst also advocating the social, cultural and economic benefits of diversity.
Based at King’s College, London, we are a dynamic organisation, able to respond quickly to current issues in public policy and expose under-explored areas relating to social justice in education and employment. We pride ourselves on our convening power, bringing people together from across sectors to debate the key problems and define the solutions to promote greater social equality.
The Bridge Group is non-partisan, and is not associated with any political party.
A higher education system and labour market where socio-economic background does not influence outcomes.
- To effect positive change in relation to social equality, focusing on government, higher education, and employers.
- To promote greater awareness of the importance of social equality across sectors.
- To identify, share, and undertake research relating to social equality, to build the evidence base informing practicable recommendations.
- To build a strong network of colleagues committed to achieving social equality to enable the sharing of knowledge, experience, and good practice.
How we achieve it
- Research: conducting rigorous, evidence-based research to ensure that policy-making and practice are built on sound and sustainable principles.
- Commissions: working in collaboration with organisations to undertake analysis and to design practicable solutions to realise positive change.
- Events: convening experts to debate urgent issues, with a focus on designing policy solutions.
- Advocacy: adopting a non-partisan approach, using our research, and the wider evidence base, to engage with influencers in support of our charitable objectives
Find out more about the issues we tackle here
Subscribe to the Newsletter to Stay Connected